The journal publishes manuscripts written both in Bahasa Indonesia and English. Manuscripts submitted for publication must be original contributions. They should not have been previously published or under consideration by any other publisher. Only under special circumstances will the Editorial Team consider republishing specific papers already published elsewhere (with due copyright permission) if such papers are deemed worthy of wider circulation, and at the request of the author.
- All manuscripts submitted to the journal must through a similarity checker. The task will be taken by an editor.
- As an author(s), you should first download the journal template HERE as it can help you to follow the journal layout.
- Before submitting your papers, please register HERE to get your author account. You might then follow the "How to Submit Paper" workflows or watch this video "How to Submit Paper to Ihyaussunnah: Jurnal Ilmi Hadis dan Living Sunnah.
- Once you finished submitting the manuscripts, you might log out from your author account. You may often check your paper's status through your author account.
- Regarding the bibliography/references, the journal applies Modern Humanities Research Association 3rd edition (note with bibliography). Therefore, we hope the author(s) are concerned about it. In addition, it is fully suggested for the author(s) use reference manager tools such as
Once an article was published in the journal, the author(s) are:
- granted to the journal right licensed under Creative Commons License Attribution that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship.
- permitted to publish their work online with third parties as it can lead to wider dissemination of the work.
- continue to be the copyright owner and allow the journal to publish the article with the CC BY-SA license
- receiving a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) of the work.
Culinary Journal, with registered number ISSN XXXX-XXXX (print), ISSN XXXX-XXXX (online) is a scholarly journal. It covers a lot of common problems or recent issues related to librarianship, information, and archive science. The aim of this journal publication is to disseminate scholarly works, conceptual thoughts, or ideas that have been related to the area of the subject covered. We encourage the author(s) to write the introduction properly.
2. How to Write the Title, the Name, and the Author’s Address
The title of the manuscript written in 16-point Cambria font must be written at the top of the first page with the text right aligned. Meanwhile, the author's name (without an academic degree), and the author's affiliation address, and email address, must be written in the right text alignment also under the article title. Authors must provide one space between the title and the author's name. Then, the next space is abstract. Keywords should be listed below the overall abstract for all words. They must be arranged in alphabetical order and separated by semicolons a maximum of three to five words. In addition, the title of the article is written in Indonesian. If the article is written in Indonesian, it must be translated into English, and vice versa.
The responsible author, the correspondence author, or the corresponding author must be written first and then followed by the second, the third, and so on. The communication regarding the article revision and the final statement will be informed via email to the correspondence author only. If there is more than one author, the author's name should be written down separately by a comma (,). If the author’s name consists of at least two words, the first name should not be shortened. If the author’s names are only one word, it should be written as it is. However, in the online version, it will be written in two words with the same name repeatedly for the purpose of metadata indexing.
3. The Manuscript General Guidelines
The manuscript text's general guidelines are as follows:
- The manuscript is an authentic research result that has not been published yet in other publication media or publishing houses.
- The manuscript does not contain any plagiarism element. The editorial board will directly reject the text that indicates plagiarism.
- The submission and publication processes are free, without any additional fees.
- The manuscript that has been written under the guidelines of Culinary Journal (in MS Word format, use this article template) must be submitted through Online Submission System using Open Journal System (OJS)
- The manuscript article writing guidelines and template can be downloaded (see above).
- The manuscript's online submission can be viewed in the part of the online submission guidelines above.
- The manuscript which is inappropriate with the Culinary Journal writing guidelines will be returned to the author before the reviewing process.
- The manuscript should contain several aspects of a scientific article as follows: (subtitles in order), which are: (a) the title of the article, (b) the author’s name (no academic title), (c) the affiliated author’s address, (d) the author’s email (e) the abstract and the keywords, (f) the introduction, (g) the research method (h), the research findings and discussion (i), the conclusion (j), the references.
- The subtitles included in the discussion part (Introduction, Theoretical Review, Writing Methods, Result and Discussion, and Conclusion) should be numbered in the Arabic numbering order starting from one. The subtitles are written in bold and in title case format. It uses the left-text alignment without underlining. The next expanded subtitles should be written in the bold and sentence case format or 6700 - 7500 words, It should use the left text alignment and the numbering format level two.
- The manuscript can be written both in Bahasa Indonesia or English as the standard language. The manuscript should consist of fifteen (15) to twenty-five (25) pages including pictures and tables. The manuscript text ought to be written as this article template in the camera-ready mode. The article is written on A4-sized papers (210x297 mm), with custom margins as follows: left 25 mm, right 20 mm, bottom 20 mm, and top 30 mm.
- The text of the articles must be in Cambria, 11pt font size, 1.5 line spacing, and separated into one column.
- The words from uncommon or foreign languages are stated in Italic format. Foreign terms or words should be avoided for the article in Bahasa Indonesia. Each paragraph started 10mm from the left side border while there are no spaces among paragraphs. All numbers are written in Arabic numbering format, except for the new sentence.
- The tables and pictures are placed in the text group after the referenced tables or pictures. Each picture must be given a caption (Figure Caption) below the picture and be numbered in Arabic numbering format followed by the picture title. Each table must be given a table title (Table Caption) and numbered in Arabic numbering format above the table followed by the table title. The pictures attachment should be guaranteed that they can be printed well (font size, resolution, and line space are clearly seen). The picture, the table, and the chart should be placed in the center between text groups. If it has a bigger size, it can be placed in the center of the page. The table should not contain vertical lines, while horizontal lines are allowed only for the important point.
4. The Guidelines for the Manuscript Body Text
The title of the manuscript: The title should be informative and written both briefly and clearly. It cannot diverse multi interpretations. It has to be pinpointed with the issues that will be discussed. The beginning word is written in capital case and symmetrically. The article title does not contain any uncommon abbreviation. The main ideas should be written first and followed then by their explanations. The article title should be written within twelve words, in 11pt-sized font, with the bold selection, and in the center text format. Meanwhile, the abstract has to be written within 250 words maximum and followed by three to five keywords.
Introduction: The introduction must contain (shortly and consecutively) a general background and a literature review (state of the art) as the basis of the brand new research question, statements of the brand new scientific article, main research problems, and the hypothesis. In the final part of the introduction, the purpose of the article writing should be stated. In the scientific article format, it does not allow writing down the references as in the research report. They should be represented in the literature review to show the brand news of the scientific article.
The literature review: contains a systematic description of previous studies relevant to the research. This section describes the strengths and limitations of prior research that can be material for the argument that the current work is conducted to refine or develop prior research. This section also contains a theoretical basis, basic concepts, and principles required for problem-solving related to the research. The literature review can be in the form of qualitative descriptions, mathematical models, concepts, or tools related to the study. All sources cited in the study must be clearly written in the reference list.
Research Methods: The method is implemented to solve problems, including analytic methods. The methods used in the problem-solving of the research are explained in this part.
Discussion and Result: This part consists of the research results and how they are discussed. The results obtained from the research have to be supported by sufficient data. The research results and the discovery must be the answers or the research hypothesis stated previously in the introduction part.
Conclusion: This is the final part containing conclusions and advice. The conclusions will be the answers to the hypothesis, the research purposes, and the research discoveries. The conclusions should not contain only the repetition of the results and discussions. It should be the summary of the research results as the author expects in the research purposes or the hypothesis. The advice contains suggestions associated with further ideas from the research.
References: All the references used in the article must be listed in this part. In this part, all the used references must be taken from primary sources (scientific journals and the least number is 80% of all the references) that were published in the last ten years. Each article should have at least ten references.
5. The Guidelines for the Citations and References
All the served data or quotes in the article taken from the other author's articles should attach to the reference sources. the journal wisely encourages the references should use a reference application management tool such as Mendeley or Zotero. The writing format used in Culinary Journal follows the format applied by the American Psychological Association 7th edition
6. The Online Submission Manuscript Guidelines
The manuscript text must be submitted by one of two systems (the second procedure is preferable):
- The document should be submitted by Online Submission System in the Culinary Journal
- Firstly, the author should register as an author or reviewer in the “Register”
- After the registration step is completed, log in as an author, and click on “New Submission”. The article submission stage consists of five stages, such as (1). Start, (2). Upload Submission, (3). Enter Metadata, (4). Upload Supplementary Files, (5). Confirmation.
- In the “Start” column, chose Journal Section (Full Article), and check all the checklists.
- In the “Upload Submission” Columns, upload the manuscript files in MS Word format in this column.
- In the “Enter Metadata” columns, fill in all the author data and affiliation. Including the Journal Title, Abstract, and Indexing Keywords.
- In the “Upload Supplementary Files” columns, the author is allowed to upload supplementary files, the statement letter, or any other else.
- In the “Confirmation” columns, if the data you entered are all correct already, then click “Finish Submission”.
- If the author has difficulties in the submission process through the online system, please contact The Author’s Guideline of Culinary Journal editorial team at email@example.com